The Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) has announced its 2015 board of directors, including Allen Johnson, CSFM and fields manager for the Green Bay Packers, as its newly elected president. The board took office at its annual conference, held this year Jan. 13-16 in Denver.
Other STMA members elected to the Board include:
- Jeff Salmond, CSFM, University of Oklahoma, as President-Elect;
- David Pinsonneault, CFSM, CPRP, Public Grounds Superintendent for the Town of Lexington, as Immediate Past President;
- James Graff, Graff’s Turf, as Vice President, Commercial;
- Tim Van Loo, CSFM, Iowa State University, as Secretary/Treasurer;
- Jimmy Simpson, CSFM, Town of Cary, as Elected-at-Large Director;
- Doug Schattinger, Pioneer Manufacturing, as Commercial Director;
- Robert Behr, Ashley Ridge High School, as Schools K-12 Director; and
- Dan Bergstrom, Houston Astros, as Professional Facilities Director.
Sarah Martin, CSFM, City of Phoenix, the STMA’s parks and recreation director, is fulfilling a second-year term.
Members appointed to the Board include:
- David Anderson, PE, D.A. Hogan & Associates, as the Director At-Large;
- Matt Anderson, CSFM, University of Arizona, as the Higher Education Director; and
- Jeffrey Fowler, Penn State Cooperative Extension, as Academic Director.
“STMA advances professionalism in sports field management and safety for those who manage surfaces for soccer, baseball, football, rugby and many other outdoor activities,” Johnson says. “It’s an honor to be elected President, and I look forward to continuing to strengthen the role and importance of the sports turf manager in local communities.”
STMA conducts its annual elections electronically in late November.